We give our students roots and wings
We value our roots founded on German and European cultures, languages and traditions.
We aim to provide each of our students with the best possible education, instilling a passion for "Learning, Living and Giving" and developing their skills to master their future.
- Founded in 1971 as the German School in Singapore we are a not–for-profit, private school which, with the addition of an English speaking European Section in 2005, developed into a truly international school. We provide excellent education from Pre-School to Grade 12.
- We are an accredited ‘IB World School’ and ‘Exzellente Deutsche Auslandsschule’ offering the IB Diploma and German International Abitur together with other recognized qualifications.
- We are a close-knit community in which students, parents, teachers and staff contribute to building a home away from home.
- We explore and celebrate our global diversity.
- We provide our students with the skills to master their future, and the opportunities to discover their talents and realise their potential. Our Educational Goals of Learning, Living and Giving derive from this holistic approach to student development.
- Our academic programmes prepare our students for integration into IB schools or the German national school system as well as post secondary education.
- Our green campuses, close to nature, offer an inspirational and challenging learning environment to students, conducive to Learning, Living and Giving.
- We empower teachers and staff to deliver excellent education and to grow professionally, and encourage them to foster purposeful partnerships with students, parents and each other.
- We appreciate the contributions of students, parents, teachers and staff to school life and the wider community in Singapore and beyond.
Our educational goals
To attain our goals of Learning, Living and Giving, we have established objectives towards which our curricula, programmes and policies are directed.
Our students are well prepared for the wider world. To this end they:
- are literate, numerate, adaptable and resilient.
- are independent learners who are willing and able to acquire and apply knowledge.
- have the courage to try new roles, concepts and strategies.
- can access, validate, evaluate, synthesize and communicate information.
- are grounded in a wide range of disciplines from languages and arts to sciences and humanities.
- can communicate effectively in at least two languages. Students are highly competent in the language of instruction, being English in the European Section and German in the German Section.
- carry recognised and valued qualifications that give them a variety of opportunities for their future education.
Living and Giving
Our students are responsible, critical thinking and cosmopolitan. To this end they:
- appreciate their cultural roots while remaining respectful towards and interested in different cultures.
- establish and sustain positive relationships acting with integrity.
- understand and reason perspectives, recognise the point of view of others and justify opinions.
- work with others towards a common goal, offer and accept criticism constructively.
- contribute positively to their community at the local, regional and global scale, being aware of their role within it.
- take responsibility for their actions.
- lead a healthy and balanced life.